Chicken Curry in a Hurry
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Dinner, Main
- 2 T unsalted butter
- half of a large onion, chopped
- one 1-ince piece of ginger, grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 c cooked, shredded chicken
- 3 t curry powder
- 3 t garam masala
- ½ t cayenne pepper
- one 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 c light coconut milk
- 1 c chicken broth
- 2 c cooked cauliflower
- ½ c frozen peas
- ½ c plain Greek yogurt
- rice for serving (I used brown jasmine rice)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter, add onion and saute for several minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add the ginger and garlic, and cook for another minute or two, until fragrant.
- Add the curry powder, garam masala, and cayenne pepper, and fry the spices for a minute or two.
- Add the chicken, then stir in the tomato paste, coconut milk, and chicken broth and mix until well combined.
- Add the cauliflower and frozen peas, then simmer over medium heat until heated through.
- Just before serving, stir in the Greek yogurt.
- Serve over rice, if desired.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2013/12/05/chicken-curry-hurry-weekdaysupper/