Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Smoothie (with optional "Green")
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Smothie, Snack, Dessert
- 1/2-3/4 c milk of choice (I use unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/2 c canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2-1 t pumpkin pie spice (I like the full 1 t, or use 1/2 t cinnamon, 1/4 t ginger, 1/8 t nutmeg, pinch cloves)
- 2 T cocoa powder
- half frozen ripe banana plus one 5.3-6 oz container vanilla Greek yogurt OR one full frozen ripe banana plus 1/2 c plain Greek yogurt
- Optional handful of baby spinach (or regular spinach or kale or other leafy green of choice)
- 3-4 ice cubes
- Combine 1/2 c milk and all of the ingredients except the ice cubes in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add enough ice cubes and additional milk, if needed, and blend to achieve your desired consistency.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2013/10/22/chocolate-pumpkin-spice-smoothie-optional-green/