Mrs. A's Skillet Lemon Chicken
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Dinner, Chicken
- Chicken Fingers (see recipe below, or use about 1-1 1/2 lbs of your favortie store bought or homemade breaded chicken fingers)
- 1/4 c (half a stick) unsalted butter
- 2 c low sodium chicken stock or broth
- 1 T cornstarch
- 1/2 t dried parsley
- 1/4 t dried oregano
- 1/3 c fresh lemon juice (about two lemons)
- salt and pepper
- Rice or pasta and parmesan cheese for serving (if you are using pasta, you may want to double the sauce recipe)
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins (or breasts cut into thin strips)
- 1 egg
- salt & pepper
- 1 c Italian-flavored bread crumbs (I used gluten-free)
- Prepare the Chicken Fingers as per below, or according to package directions or your favorite recipe.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- While the butter is melting, slurry the cornstarch in the chicken broth, the add to the skillet.
- Add the parsley, oregano, salt and pepper, cover and bring to a simmer.
- Add the lemon juice, then lay the chicken fingers in the sauce.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes, or until heated through and thickened.
- Serve over rice or pasta, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place a cooling rack on a cookie sheet, and spray with oil or cooking spray.
- Crack egg into a bowl, add a pinch of salt and pepper, and lightly beat with a fork.
- Add chicken to egg, and toss to coat completely.
- Place breadcrumb in a bowl, and, one at a time, coat the chicken tenderloins, and place on the rack.
- Once all of the chicken is coated, spray with oil or cooking spray.
- Bake chicken on rack for 10-12 minutes, depending on size, then flip and back for another 10-12 minutes.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2013/10/20/mrs-skillet-lemon-chicken-sundaysupper/