Chicken Corn Chowder
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips, adapted from Rosie Daley
Recipe type: Soup
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 6 cups frozen or fresh corn kernels
- 4 cups chicken broth or stock
- 1T t fresh sage, chopped
- 1 t fresh thyme
- 2 c chopped cooked chicken
- 1 c fresh or frozen sliced carrots
- 1/2 c frozen peas
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat
- Add the onion and a pinch of salt and pepper, and saute for about 5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add 4 cups of corn, sage, and thyme, and saute for 4-5 minutes to start to soften the corn.
- Add 2 cups of chicken stock and cook about 15-20 minutes to soften the corn.
- Transfer the entire mixture to a blender or use an immersion blender and puree until smooth.
- Return the puree to the saucepan over medium-low heat, and add the remaining 2 cups stock, 2 c corn, chicken, peas and carrots.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for another 10-20 minutes, until heated through and carrots are tender (time will depend on whether you used fresh or frozen carrots).
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2013/10/06/chicken-corn-chowder-one-pot-recipes-sundaysupper/