Sesame Glazed Cauliflower "Wings"
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Appetizer, Side
- 1/2 c soy sauce (or tamari for gluten free)
- 1/4 c honey (or agave or maple syrup for vegan)
- 1/2 T grated fresh ginger
- 1 T sesame oil
- 1/4 c rice vinegar
- 1-2 sliced scallions
- 1 T sesame seeds
- One large head cauliflower
- 1/2 c flour (I used brown rice flour, but I have seen similar recipes where regular all purpose flour was used)
- 1/2 c milk of choice (I used almond milk)
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- Optional additional sesame seeds and/or scallions for garnish, if desired
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 450°F, and spray a baking sheet with oil or cooking spray.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets. The smaller they are, the faster they will cook and softer they will get.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Toss the cauliflower in the batter until thoroughly coated.
- Arrange the cauliflower on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until slightly less done than you want them.
- Remove from the oven and pour the sauce over the cauliflower (see Note).
- Return to oven for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and gently flip and toss the cauliflower in the sauce on the sheet.
- Return to the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Place the cauliflower on a serving plate or bowl, and if desired, sprinkle with some additional scallion and/or sesame seeds.
- If desired, pour any remaining sauce off of the baking sheet into a bowl for dipping.
This does make quite a bit of sauce. I like to pour it all over and let it cook down a bit in the oven, but you can pour over less, and save some for dipping.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2013/09/08/sesame-glazed-cauliflower-wings-sundaysupper-tailgate-glutenfree-vegan/