Banana Nutella Swirl Gelato for Global Street Food #SundaySupper
Recipe type: Dessert, Frozen Dessert
- About 1 lb, or about 3 large, very ripe banana (about 2-2 1/4 c after pureeing)
- 1/3 c light brown sugar
- 2/3 c milk (I used 2%, but have not tried other milks)
- 2 T rum
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 1/3 c Nutella
- Peel bananas, and place in food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Add brown sugar, milk, rum, and vanlla extract. Process until thoroughly incorporated, scraping down the sides or breaking up chunks of bronw sugar, as necessary.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream machine, and churn according to machine's instructions.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe container, place small dollops of Nutella on top of the gelato mixture, and swirls with a butter knife.
- Place in freezer for several hours, or until frozen thoroughly.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2013/08/25/banana-nutella-swirl-gelato-for-global-street-food-sundaysupper/