Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Ball
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Dip, Snack, Dessert
- One 15 oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 c cocoa powder
- 1/4 c honey, or to taste (substitute agave or maple syrup for strict vegan)
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- 1 t vanilla
- Optional, about 1 c total of any of the following or a combination for coating the dough ball: chopped peanuts, milk, semisweet, or white chocolate, or peanut butter chips, chopped chocolate, etc.
- Cookies, crackers, tortillas, bread, etc. for dipping and spreading
- Combine the chickpeas, cocoa powder, honey, peanut butter, and vanilla in your food processor.
- Process until a dough consistency forms, stopping to scrape down the sides, as needed.
- Gather the contents of the food processor together in a ball and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate at least an hour, or until firm.
- Place your desired coating ingredients in a shallow pan and roll the ball in the coating, pressing firmly to adhere.
- Return the dough ball to the refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve with fruit, crackers, etc., or on sandwiches or tortillas, as desired.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2013/03/19/chocolate-peanut-butter-cookie-dough-ball-glutenfree-grainfree/