Slow-Cooker Mongolian Beef Stew
Recipe type: Slow Cooker, Main
- 1/4 c cornstarch
- 1/2 c soy sauce, or tamari for gluten-free
- 1/4 c mirin
- 1 t sesame oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 t dry ginger
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1 T peanut butter
- 1/2 t red pepper flakes
- 1 lb carrots, either baby carrot sticks, or carrots cut into large sticks
- 12 oz. bag frozen sugar snap peas
- 2-3 lb beef roast
- Combine all of the ingredients except the carrots, peas, and beef in your slow cooker, and whisk together.
- Add the carrots, peas, and beef.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
- Remove the beef and shred with a fork.
- Return the shredded beef to the crockpot and stir everything together.
- Serve over rice or Asian noodles.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2013/03/21/slow-cooker-mongolian-beef-stew-march-improvchallenge/