Slow Cooker Aloha Chili
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips, adapted from Aloha Chili from Sweet & Savory Food
Recipe type: Slow Cooker, Dinner, Beef
- 1 1.2-2 lbs ground beef
- Two 15.5 oz. cans of kidney beans
- One 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 c chopped pineapple
- 1 1/2 c chopped carrots
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 T chili powder (or more, if desired)
- 1/2 c water
- 1 t salt, or to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- Optional shredded cheddar cheese, Greek yogurt/sour cream, chopped avocado, minced onion, tortilla chips, etc. for serving
- In a pan, brown the ground beef, and drain the excess grease.
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 4-6 hours. If it is too thik, add additional water, or too thin, let cook uncovered for awhile.
- Serve with desired toppings.
I am sure this would work equally well with ground turkey or chicken.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2013/03/12/slow-cooker-aloha-chili-for-weekdaysupper/