Whipped Cauliflower Gratin
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Side Dish, Vegetable
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 c plain Greek yogurt (I used Chobani 0% plain)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 T coarsely chopped chives (or more, if you like more oniony flavor)
- 1 t kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- paprika, optional
- Preheat your oven to 400°F, and lightly spray 4-6 ramekins (or one large casserole dish would probably work).
- Cut the cauliflower into large florets, discarding the tough stem, and steam over boiling water until very tender.
- While the cauliflower is steaming, place the Greek yogurt, egg, 1/4 c of the parmesan cheese, chives, salt, and pepper into a blender or food processor, and process until thoroughly combined.
- Once the cauliflower is tender, add it to the contents of the blender or food processor, and puree until smooth.
- Divide the cauliflower mixture among the ramekins, and sprinkle with remaining parmesan, and paprika, if desired.
- Baked for 15-20 minutes, or until heated through and browned on top.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2013/02/28/whipped-cauliflower-gratin/