Dark Cocoa Superfood Granola
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Beakfast, Snack, Granola
- 1/4 c dark cocoa powder (I used Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa Powder)
- 1/4 c water
- 1/4 c coconut oil, melted and cooled (or use olive or even walnut oil)
- 1/2 c honey (preferably raw, local honey), or for strict vegans, agave nectae or maple syrup
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 t kosher salt
- 2 c old fashioned oats
- 1 c uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 c ground flax seeds
- 1/2 c seeds (I used 1/4 c each chia seeds and sesame seeds)
- 3 c chopped nuts (I used 1 c each walnuts, pistachios, and almonds)
- 1 c unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1-1 1/2 c dried fruit (I used 1/3 c each dried cranberries, cherries, blueberries, and pomegranate juice infused cranberries)
- Preheat your oven to 250°F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- In a small bowl, combine the Wet Mixture Ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine the Dry Mixture Ingredients, EXCEPT the dried fruit.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and toss until it is evenly distributed and moistened.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes, or until dry.
- Toss the dried fruits in with the granola mixture.
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2013/02/19/dark-cocoa-superfood-granola-with-cawalnuts/