Worcestershire Blue Cheese Volcano Burgers
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Main, Beef, Burger
- 1 t olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 t kosher salt
- 1 1/4 lb ground beef (I used 90% lean)
- 1/4 c Worcestershire Ketchup
- 1 c (about 4 oz.) crumbled blue cheese
- Buns, lettuce, tomato, additional Worcestershire Ketchup for serving
- If you have combined oven/broiler, preheat oven to 450°F. If your broiler is separate, preheat your broiler.
- Heat a small pan over medium heat.
- Add olive oil, shallot, salt and pepper.
- Cook for several minutes, until shallot is soft and begins to get golden in color. Set aside.
- Place the beef into a medium bowl, and add the cooked shallots and ketchup.
- Mix gently until well-combined, but do not over mix.
- Divide the meat into four equal balls.
- Flatten on ball in your hand, and place 1/4 blue cheese in the center. Wrap the meat around the cheese and press to seal and shape into a patty. Place patty onto your broiler pan.
- Repeat with the remaining three portions of meat and cheese.
- If you have the boiler/oven combo, switch the oven from 450°F to Broil.
- Place the boiler pan under the broiler, ad broil for 8-10 minutes, without flipping, until cooked as desired.
- Serve on buns, with lettuce, tomato, and additional Worcestershire Ketchup, as desired.
If you want to grill your burgers, I would recommend stuff with less cheese and topping the remainder, or just topping with cheese.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2013/02/12/worcestershire-blue-cheese-volcano-burgers/