Recipe type: Cookies, Dessert
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 c (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c chopped walnuts
- Additional powdered sugar for rolling the cookies
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the 1/2 c sugar, salt, and butter, and mix well.
- Add the vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour, and stir until well combined.
- Work the nuts into the dough.
- Chill dough in the refrigerator until firm.
- Form in 1 in. balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until barely set, but not browned.
- Cool on the pan for just a couple of minutes, roll the warm cookies in powdered sugar, and place on a rack to cool.
- Once cooled completely, roll in powdered sugar again.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2012/12/21/snowball-cookies-for-mom-bloggersforsandyhook/