Coconutty Snickerdoodles (aka Coco-Doodles)
Recipe type: Cookies, Dessert
Serves: about 5 dozen
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose (optional - substitute 1/4 c all-purpose flour with coconut flour)
- 2 t cream of tartar
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 c butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 c coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 c sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 T ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sift together into a medium bowl the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Set bowl aside.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together the butter, coconut oil, and sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time, and mix thoroughly.
- Add the flour mixture, and mix until a dough forms.
- Using a food processor or Magic Bullet, process the coconut until it is almost a moist powder. Mix in a small bowl with with cinnamon.
- Shape dough into approximately 1 inch balls (I use a dough scoop), roll in the coconut and cinnamon mixture, and place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- Pat each dough ball down slightly, until just over 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until set.
- Cool for a couple of minutes on the cookie sheet, then remove to racks to cool completely.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2012/12/11/coconutty-snickerdoodles-aka-coco-doodles/