Individual Crustless Pumpkin Pies (aka Pumpkin Custards)
Recipe type: Dessert, Pie
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- ¾ c packed light-brown sugar
- 1 T cornstarch
- ½ t kosher salt
- 2 t pumpkin pie spice
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place 6-8 ramekins or custard cups in a large baking dish. Heat a pot or teapot of water to boiling, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, brown sugar, cornstarch, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and eggs.
- Whisk to combine thoroughly.
- Add evaporated milk, and stir to combine.
- Fill the ramekins with the pumpkin mixture. Pour the hot water in the baking dish around the ramekins.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes (depending on how many you make and how full the ramekins are), or until set in the middle.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool in the pan until cool enough to handle.
- Remove the ramekins from the water bath. Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled in the refrigerator.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2012/11/27/individual-crustless-pumpkin-pies-aka-pumpkin-custards/