Pumpkin Maple Spice Granola Bars
Recipe type: Snack, Breakfast, Bars
- 3¼ c old-fashioned oats (*See Note)
- ¼ c ground flax seed (optional)
- ¼ t ground ginger
- 1 t cinamon
- ¼ t nutmeg
- ⅛ t ground cloves
- ½ t salt
- ¼ c brown sugar
- 1 c pumpkin puree
- ½ c maple syrup
- 1 t vanilla extract
- ½ c dried cranberries
- ½ c chopped walnuts or pecans (or a mixture)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat an 8x8 in. baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together the first 7 ingredients (oats through salt)
- In a medium bowl, stir together brown sugar, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and vanilla until well combined.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the oats mixture, and stir until evenly coated and the oats are moistened.
- Stir in the cranberries and nuts.
- Press the mixture firmly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown, and firm.
- Cool in pan for about 5-10 minutes, cut into bars, and remove from pan to finish cooling completely.
*If you need these to be gluten-free, ensure that you are using oats that are certified gluten-free.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/pumpkin-maple-spice-granola-bars-sundaysupper-gifts-from-the-kitchen-gluten-free-vegan/