Garlic Olive Oil Linguine with Chicken, Summer Squash and Zucchini
Author: Alyssa of Cooking from a SAHM
Recipe type: Main, Pasta
- 2 Cooked Boneless Skinless chicken (or you can use whatever chicken you have)
- 1 Cup of Olive Oil
- 7 Sections of Garlic
- 1 Box of Linguine
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Summer Squash
- Garlic Salt to taste
- We used grilled chicken, but you can really use whatever you'd like :-) I cubed it up and set it aside.
- Then sliced and diced zucchini and summer squash and then chop 3 sections of garlic.
- Then take a cookie sheet and put the rest of the sections of garlic on it.
- Put it in the oven at 400 for about 5-6 minutes.
- While those are roasting, get a pot boiling for water.
- Once its boiling put in your pasta. Cook till how you like it.
- While that's boiling, take out your roasted garlic. It should be soft inside.
- Take it out of its shell. Put it in a bowl for mixing.
- Put 1/2 Cup of olive oil in with the garlic. Beat with your mixer for a few minutes. Then put the garlic oil mixture into a pan.
- Take your chicken and toss it in there, cooking just to heat up.
- When your pasta is done, take it and set it aside after draining it.
- Throw in your diced summer squash, zucchini and chopped garlic. Don't cook it to death. Just do it for about 5-6 minutes.
- Turn the heat down and add your linguine.
- I drizzled a bit more olive oil when it was done.
- Mix it all up, and add salt, or garlic salt to taste.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2012/07/23/garlic-olive-oil-linguine-with-chicken-summer-squash-and-zucchini-a-guest-post-from-alyssa-of-cooking-from-a-sahm/