Pancetta, Kale, and Parmesan Frittata
Author: Ann from The Fountain Avenue Kitchen
Recipe type: Main, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
- 8 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 ounces diced pancetta
- 6 ounces kale, stems finely diced and leaves chopped
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan (more for garnish, if desired)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a 10-inch non-stick frying pan, cook the pancetta over medium heat until it starts to brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the kale stems and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 2-4 minutes more.
- Add the kale leaves and a pinch of salt and pepper, cover, and cook until leaves begin to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Uncover the pan, reduce the heat to medium-low, and add olive oil.
- Pour in egg mixture and pine nuts and cook, stirring gently, until the eggs begin to set but do not begin to scramble.
- Stir in the Parmesan and cook 2-3 minutes more or until the eggs begin to set around the edges.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake until the eggs are just set in the middle, about five minutes.
- If desired, broil one minute, watching closely, to brown lightly on top.
- Garnish with a few shavings of Parmesan and serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2012/07/25/pancetta-kale-and-parmesan-frittata-a-guest-post-from-ann-of-the-fountain-avenue-kitchen/