Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Main, Slow Cooker
- Pork loin roast, tenderloin, or butt, as large a piece as you need
- Root beer
- Your favorite homemade or bottled barbecue sauce
- Rolls, if desired
- Place the pork in your slow cooker, and pout over enough root beer to almost cover it.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the pork and discard the liquid.
- Shred the pork and serve with the barbecue sauce, on rolls if desired.
- Alternatively, if you want to keep it warm or put it out at a party, return the shredded meat to the crock pot and pour the barbecue sauce over it. Stir, and keep on low or keep warm setting.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2012/07/15/slow-cooker-root-beer-pulled-pork-for-beattheheat-sundaysupper/