Almond Crusted Chicken with Cherry Balsamic Sauce
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Main
- About 1 lb thinly sliced chicken breasts, or chicken breasts pounded thin
- 1/4 c plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1 1/4 c slivered almonds
- 1 t olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 c sweet onion, chopped (I used a Vidalia)
- 1 1/2 t fresh thyme, minced
- 1/4 t kosher salt
- 1/2 c cherry preserves
- 3 T balsamic vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Combine the Greek yogurt, salt, and pepper in a bowl or plastic bag.
- Add the chicken, and mix to completely coat each piece.
- Place the almond in a shallow dish.
- Dip the coated chicken into the almonds to cover on both sides, and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, and saute for about 5 minutes, until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the salt, pepper, and thyme, and saute for another minute or two.
- Add the preserves and vinegar, and stir until preserves melt and sauce is heated through.
- Serve over chicken.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2012/06/21/almond-crusted-chicken-with-cherry-balsamic-sauce-improv-cooking-challenge/