Chocolate-Covered Cheesecake Strawberries
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1-1 1/2 lb strawberries
- 4 oz. light cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 T powdered sugar
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 c dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips, chopped chocolate, or candy melts
- Optional crushed graham crackers, chopped nuts, and/or sprinkles
- Remove the hull from the strawberries, and, using a paring knife, cut a slightly larger cavirty into the strawberry.
- In a small bowl, combine the light cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla, and stir until smooth.
- Using a piping bag, plastic storage bag with the tip cut off, or Pampered Chef Easy-Accent Decorator, pipe the cheesecake filling into the strawberries.
- Place the strawberries in the refrigerator for at least half an hour to chill and firm the filling.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, or over a pot of simmering water.
- Dip the cheesecake end into the chocolate, then into the graham crackers, nuts, or sprinkles, if desired.
- Stand up on the chocolate-dipped end.
- Store in the refrigerator until serving.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2012/06/21/chocolate-covered-cheesecake-strawberries-june-reciperedux/