Sage Cornbread Muffins with Cranberry Orange Butter
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Muffins, Breakfast, Brunch, Bread
Serves: Make 12 muffins
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- ⅔ c yellow cornmeal
- 1½ t baking powder
- ½ t salt
- ¼ t baking soda
- ¼ c LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt, softened
- 3 T honey
- 2 large eggs
- ½ c Greek yogurt or sour cream
- ½ c milk
- 1T chopped fresh sage
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Sift the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together into a large bowl, and set aside.
- Combine butter and honey in small bowl, and beat at medium speed until creamy.
- Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the Greek yogurt or sour cream, milk, and sage.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and fold together until just combined.
- Spoon batter into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until well mixed.
- Refrigerate until firm.
Butter can be stored in the refrigerator in a container with a tight-fitting lid up to 2 weeks.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2012/06/10/sage-cornbread-muffins-with-cranberry-orange-butter-for-sunday-supper-with-landolakesktchn/