Italian Herb and Parmesan Polenta Croutons
- ½ c cornmeal or polenta
- 1½ c water
- ½ t kosher salt
- 2 T grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ t garlic powder
- ¼ t Italian seasoning
- Whisk the cornmeal, water, and salt together in a medium saucepan, and place over medium to medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then cook, stirring almost constantly, for 15-20 minutes, or until the polenta is thick and sticky.
- Stir in the cheese, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Remove the polenta from the pot and place onto plastic wrap or in a baking dish sprayed with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Shape into a rectangle, about ½ in. thick, wrap in plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator until cooled.
- Preheat your oven to 450°F.
- Cut the polenta into ½ in. cubes, and place in a single layer, not touching, on a baking sheet coated with olive oil or cooking spray. Spray some more olive oil or cooking spray over the cubes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, turning every 8-10 minutes, until browned and crispy.
- Serve over your favorite salad.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2012/05/20/italian-herb-and-parmesan-polenta-croutons/