Yankees Pinstripe Cake (a.k.a. Reverse Blue Velvet Cake)
Recipe type: Dessert, Cake
- One White on White Buttermilk Cake (see link below)
- Chocolate Buttermilk Frosting (see link below)
- Gel food coloring in blue (or desired color), optional
- Basic Buttercream (see link below), optional
- Fondant, sprinkles, or whatever other decorations you want to use.
- Bake the cake according to the recipe, in three layers, as instructed.
- While cake is cooling, make the Chocolate Buttermilk Frosting, adding food coloring, as desired, and Basic Buttercream.
- Slice each of the three cake layers in half.
- Place one layer on a cake plate or stand, and spread 1/2 c of the Chocolate Buttermilk Frosting on top of the cake. Repeat with each of the additional layers.
- Frost the outside of the cake with Basic Buttercream or the remaining Chocolate Buttermilk Frosting.
- Decorate cake as desired. I vovered with white fondant, then decorated with fondant pinstripes, letters, and baseballs.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2012/05/10/yankees-pinstripe-cake-a-k-a-reverse-blue-velvet-cake-and-dedication-to-your-teams/