Cornmeal Crusted Asparagus
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Side, Vegetable
- 1 pound asparagus
- 3 T plain Greek yogurt
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- ½ c cornmeal
- Olive oil for greasing pan
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cut or snap off the tough ends of the asparagus.
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, mustard, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Place the cornmeal into a shallow pan.
- Toss the asparagus in the yogurt mixture until evenly covered, then toss in the cornmeal until completely coated.
- Coat a sheet pan thinly with olive oil (I used a sprayer), and place the asparagus in a single layer on the pan.
- Roast asparagus 10-15 minutes, or to desired doneness (my family likes them fairly soft), flipping about halfway through cooking time.
After coating asparagus, it can be refrigerated until ready to bake.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2012/05/01/cornmeal-crusted-asparagus-simple-side-dish/