Sundried Tomato, Rosemary, and Balsamic Marinated Flank Steak
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Main, Beef, Grill
- 1 flank steak (1.5-2.5 lbs)
- ¼ c balsamic vinegar
- 3 sun dried tomatoes, preferably packed in oil, finely chopped
- 2 T of the oil from the sun dried tomatoes, or 2 T olive oil
- 1 t chopped fresh rosemary, or ½ t dried rosemary
- 1 garlic clove, minced or crushed
- coarse sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Combine balsamic vinegar, tomatoes, oil, rosemary, and garlic in a large plastic bag or shallow dish.
- Add the steak and marinate for at least an hour (the longer, the better)
- Preheat your grill to high heat.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and season both sides liberally with coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Grill the flank steak on direct, high heat for 4-7 minutes a side, depending on thickness and desired doneness. For a 2 lb flank steak, about 5-6 minutes a side produce a nice, medium-rare steak.
- Slice thinly against the grain and serve.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2012/04/24/sundried-tomato-rosemary-and-balsamic-marinated-flank-steak-and-dating-days/