Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookie Dough Dip (or PB&J Hummus) - plus a vegan option
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Dip, Snack
- 1 15 oz. can of chickpeas, preferably low sodium, rinsed and drained
- ½ c peanut butter (I use natural peanut butter)
- 1 T honey (or agave nectar or brown rice syrup for a vegan option)
- 2-4 T almond milk (which is what I used) or regular milk
- 2 T of your favorite jam, jelly, or preserves (I used Smucker's Orchard's Finest Pacific Mountain Strawberry Preserves)
- Carrots, apples, crackers, rice cakes, etc. for dipping and spreading
- Place the chickpeas peanut butter, and honey in the bowl of a small food processor or blender. Pulse a few times to start to chop up and combine the ingredients.
- Add 2 T of your desired milk, and continue to puree until smooth and blended, adding more milk, if necessary, to achieve your desired consistency.
- Place the "cookie dough/hummus" in a bowl, top with the jam, jelly, or preserves, and swirl it in a bit with a knife.
- Dip, smear, spread, or spoon to your heart's content.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/april-improv-challenge-peanut-butter-jelly-cookie-dough-dip-or-pbj-hummus-plus-a-vegan-option/