Caramelized Leek and Asparagus Salad - April #RecipeRedux
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Salad, Side, Vegetable
- 1-1½ pounds asparagus, trimmed and cut into approximately 1 in. pieces on an angle
- 1 t plus 2 T extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- 2 leeks
- 3 T balsamic vinegar
- 2 t Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ c dried cherries, chopped (can substitute dried cranberries)
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Toss the asparagus with 1 t olive oil and a sprinkling of kosher salt.
- Roast in the over for about 20 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender. Set aside or place in the refrigerator.
- Heat the 2 T olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add leeks and cook until caramel colored, stirring occasionally, 10-15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the balsamic vinegar and reduce slightly. Remove from heat and add the dijon mustard, and salt an pepper, to taste.
- Toss the caramelized leeks with the asparagus, and gently fold in the cherries and goat cheese.
- Serve warm, room temperature, or cold.
Can be made a day or so in advance, and kept in the refrigerator.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2012/04/21/caramelized-leek-and-asparagus-salad-april-reciperedux/