Skinny Buffalo Chicken Salad with Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Salad
- ½ T butter
- ⅓ c thinly sliced carrots
- ⅓ c thinly sliced celery
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 c (about ¾ lb) cooked (in a pan, on the grill, whatever), thinly sliced boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ c hot sauce (I used Frank's Red Hot)
- ¼ c water
- 1 T Worcesteshire sauce
- salad greens of choice (I used Romaine)
- Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing (see link below)
- Additional crumbled blue cheese, optional
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, add the carrots and celery, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for several minutes, or until veggies are starting to get tender.
- Add the chicken, hot sauce, water, and Worcesteshire sauce. Heat to bubbling, then simmer until heated through and thickened slightly.
- Divide salad greens among 4 plates. Top with the chicken mixture, a dollop of dressing, and a sprinkle of blue cheese, if desired.
The chicken mixture would also be delicious for some Buffalo chicken sandwiches or wraps.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2012/04/16/skinny-buffalo-chicken-salad-with-greek-yogurt-blue-cheese-dressing-and-restaurant-salads/