Gluten-Free Almond Blueberry Mini Muffins with Maple Cream Cheese Drizzle
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Serves: 24 mini muffins
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 small bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- About 1 c blueberries
- Maple Cream Cheese Drizzle (see Note below)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Spray with cooking spray or grease mini muffin pan.
- Mix almond butter and bananas in a blender until pureed and smooth.
- Add the eggs, baking soda, and vinegar, and blend well.
- Place about 1 T of batter in each muffin cup. Top each one with about three blueberries. Divide the remaining batter between the muffin cups, about 1 T more on each.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes in the pan, then remove from the pan to cool on a rack.
- Drizzle with the Maple Cream Cheese Drizzle. I used a sandwich baggie with the corner cut off to put the Drizzle on the muffins.
Combine 2 T softened cream cheese (regular or light) and 2 T real maple syrup and stir until smooth.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2012/04/07/gluten-free-almond-blueberry-mini-muffins-with-maple-cream-cheese-drizzle-moms-crazy-cooking-challenge/