Hershey's Coconut Creme Kisses & Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla Coconut Frosting
- For cupcakes:
- 1 (15.5 oz) can of reduced sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 eggs
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 5 T coconut oil, or unsalted butter (softened)
- ¾ c brown sugar
- 5 T cocoa powder (I used Hershey's)
- 1 t baking powder
- ½ t baking soda
- 24 Hershey's Coconut Creme Kisses, unwrapped
- For frosting:
- ½ c (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¼ c coconut oil (or additional butter)
- 2 c confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 3 T coconut milk (or regular milk or heavy cream)
- Line muffin tins with cupcake liners, and preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Combine the first five ingredients (through brown sugar) in your blender, and blend until smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda, and blend until combined.
- Divide batter between the muffin cups, and place one Kiss in each, pressing down slightly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for a few minutes, then remove and cool completely on a rack.
- Frost with Vanilla Coconut Frosting and place another Kiss on top.
- To make the frosting, using an electric mixer on medium to high speed, beat the butter and coconut oil until creamy.
- Reduce the speed to low, add the confectioners, and beat until combined.
- Add the vanilla and coconut milk, increase speed to high, and beat until creamy and fluffy.
I made 12 cupcakes, as per the original recipe. However, they did rise quite a bit, so you could probably make them a little smaller and get 14-16, if you want to take out another cupcake pan.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2012/04/01/hersheys-coconut-creme-kisses-chocolate-cupcakes/