Five main ingredients and less than thirty minutes to recreate a childhood classic of slightly-spiced pasta, beef, and sauce.
oz. uncooked elbow macaroni (regular or gluten free)
teaspoon olive oil
pounds ground beef
one small onion, chopped
teaspoon kosher salt
one 29 oz. can tomato sauce
Tablespoons chili powder (more or less, to taste)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef, onion, salt, and pepper.
- Cook until the beef is browned and cooked through. Drain any excess grease.
- Drain the cooked pasta and return to the pot. Add the beef, tomato sauce, and chili powder and stir together.
- Return the pot to the stove over medium heat until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Can easily be doubled, and leftovers can be frozen.