Crustless Lemon Strawberry Slow Cooker Cheesecake is a rich, creamy, and totally fantastic cheesecake that is cooked in the slow cooker!
Crustless Lemon Strawberry Slow Cooker Cheesecake
Hi! I am Rachael from Eazy Peazy Mealz, and I have a little obsession with cheesecake. A few weeks ago I was visiting The Cheesecake Factory and I ordered a caramel cheesecake, but my husband ordered a lemon raspberry cheesecake. I had a little bite, and boy was it good. In fact, it was so good I ended up going back for another piece a week later. (I know…total glutton that I am) And now I think about it almost every day. Like I said…glutton!
And so I decided to try and make my own version. But, like most things, I have been wanting to simplify my life, and cheesecake making is not usually considered super easy. Which is why we pay through the nose for one piece!
But, I had lovely lemons, and big strawberries, so I thought I would give it a shot. And so I made a lemon strawberry (I had no raspberries) cheesecake in the slow cooker! Which basically meant I got my cheesecake, but really cut down on the work required to get there. I love making everything from bread to dinner in my slow cooker, but rarely make anything for dessert in the slow cooker besides s’mores fondue. I had no idea how easy it would be. And it was delicious. And I left off the crust, making it gluten free (I also used a gluten free 1-to-1 flour), and fewer calories!
Top it with fresh strawberries and you have a delicious dessert winner. The crock pot, slow cooker, whatever you want to call it… has so many uses. The versatility is one of the appeals. So add cheesecake to that list!
Note from Brianne: the slow cooker I use and love is the Hamilton Beach 33969A Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart.
- 12 ounces softened cream cheese
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 TBS lemon juice or ½ tsp lemon essential oil
- 1 TBS gluten free or all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup dairy sour cream
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- ½ cup strawberry jelly
- 2 TBS water
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup warm water
- Fresh berries and whipped cream for garnish
- Spray a 1 quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, flour, and vanilla on medium speed until combined.
- Beat in sour cream until smooth
- Beat eggs on low speed until combined, stir in lemon zest, and stir in to the cheesecake mixture.
- Combine the ingredients for the Strawberry Swirl, dollop over the cheesecake mixture and swirl in with a butter knife.
- Pour into casserole dish that will fit in your slow cooker.
- Cover dish with foil.
- Place casserole into crock pot and pour water around the dish
- Cook on high heat setting for 1½ to 2 hours until center is set
- Cool completely on wire rack, chill 4-24 hours before serving
- Serve with fresh berries and whipped cream
As Rachael mentioned, you can use Lemon Essential Oil to make this cheesecake. To learn more about Essential Oils and how to get a FREE BONUS with qualifying order click here!
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website.
Not all essential oils are edible. Due to lack of purity, 98% of essential oils sold should NOT be ingested. An edible essential oil will be labeled “therapeutic-grade” and have a “Supplement Facts” box on the label showing the nutritional value – do NOT use just any brand of essential oil for cooking/flavoring foods. Be sure to use pure oils from reliable sources, not synthetic scents or flavorings.
Okay, tell me you don’t want to pull out the slow cooker right this second and make this amazing crustless cheesecake?
Well if you liked this post, be sure to check out some of these fun mini cheesecake options: