Welcome to Day #1 of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. With the big football game coming up, we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your game day spread. Each day we will be dishing up a different set of appetizers. We hope you enjoy this fabulous group of recipes. Tune in each day starting with Monday, January 20 and ending on Saturday, January 25. Lots of great prizes will be up for grabs so you do not want to miss one single day. Follow #AppetizerWeek on Twitter to keep up to date with all our amazing recipes and giveaways!
And for my first recipe for #AppetizerWeek, I’m bringing you an appetizer that is easy enough to throw together before the big game, but is elegant enough for a special Valentine’s Day dinner or an Oscars party hors d’oeurves. You’ll deserve an Academy Award or a trophy for these gorgeous and delicious Butternut Squash, Pomegranate & Goat Cheese Crostini. Add a little drizzle of a reduced balsamic vinegar syrup to put them completely over the top.
Butternut Squash, Pomegranate & Goat Cheese Crostini
OK, OK, you’ve caught me. I did the butternut squash and pomegranate thing again. Quinoa, salad, and now these lovely little toasts. But I just can’t get over the color combination. Believe it or not, I have an orange kitchen, so I just love the color of those little cubes of roasted butternut squash. Add little jewels of pomegranate (plus that but of crunch and tartness) and I can’t help myself. Then goat cheese. Forget it. The addition of sweet, syrupy aged or reduced balsamic vinegar just puts it over the top.
Plus the day I went grocery shopping, I swear they only had the biggest butternut squash everrrrrr.
I love these little toasts. Soooo tasty. And the different flavors and textures. It’s really a special little hors d’oeurves. If you have just part of your butternut squash left and are just making an hors d’oeurves for as dinner party, then just pick up a ciabatta roll and slice it up. If you need to feed the whole team, get an entire baguette. I’m leaving the quantities in the recipe pretty loose for this reason.
And really, once you’ve taken the time to break down the butternut squash, it couldn’t be easier to put these Butternut Squash, Pomegranate & Goat Cheese Crostini together. You could literally be throwing them together as your guests are coming up the driveway.
Our sponsor for Day 1 of Appetizer Week is OXO. We are so happy they joined us today. OXO is dedicated to providing innovative consumer products that make everyday living easier. Their tools are designed with everyone in mind, they are not only efficient but they are also comfortable to use. As food bloggers we spend a ton of the kitchen and we need our tools to not only stand the test of time, but to be as user-friendly as possible. OXO tools meet all those requirements. You can follow OXO on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Today’s OXO Prize Pack valued at over $256 includes:
- 3-in-1 Avocado Slicer
- 4 Piece Mini Measuring Beaker Set
- Citrus Juicer
- Hand-Held Mandoline Slicer
- 2 Cup Angled Measuring Cup
- 6 Piece Measuring Cup Set in Black
- 6 Piece Measuring Spoon Set in Black
- 3 Piece Large Bowl and Colander Set in Red
- Garlic Press
- Silicone Pastry Brush
- Utility Cutting Board in Red
- Pop Container Big Square in 4.0 Quart Size
- Pop Scoop
- Oil Stopper/Pourer
- Pastry Scraper/Chopper
- Coarse Hand-Held Grater
- Salt and Pepper Grinder Set
- 12 inch Silicone Tongs
***Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. Winner must be 18 years of age or older. No substitutions or cash value will be given***
a Rafflecopter giveaway
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by OXO. #AppetizerWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***
And make sure you check out some more amazing #AppetizerWeek recipes at the bottom of this post.
Make sure you check the Rafflecopter for today’s question and leave a comment to earn your first entry in today’s giveaway.
- Preheat your broiler and place bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Place bread under the broiler for a couple of minutes until lightly toasted, then flip and toast the second side. Watch carefully so that it does not burn!
- Spread about 1-2 tablespoons goat cheese on each bread slice. Top with about ¼ c butternut squash cubes and a small spoonful of pomegranate seeds. Drizzle with balsamic reduction.
Love butternut squash? Try these recipes…
- Butternut Squash Gratin with Sage Pesto & Gorgonzola
- Browned Whipped Butternut Squash
- Butternut Squash Potatoes au Gratin
Plus check out all of today’s awesome recipes from the Appetizer Week participants:
- Pizza Pull Apart Bread by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Grilled Guacamole by Kiss My Smoke
- Crab Layer Dip by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Easy Individual Pizzas by Call Me Pmc
- Chocolate Malta Wings by Food Done Light
- Mom’s Famous Chicken Ball by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cheddar Bacon Dip by Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Tamari Roasted Chickpeas by Je suis alimentageuse
- Spinach Artichoke Dip by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Wing Dip by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Microwave BBQ Meatballs by From Gate to Plate
- Pulled Pork Sliders by The NY Melrose Family
- Cheese Bean Dip by Wonky Wonderful
- Chipotle Cheese Dip by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Roasted Vegetables and Romesco Crostini by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Buffalo Ranch Cheese Ball by What’s Cooking, Love?
- Buffalo Butternut Hummus by Farm Fresh Feast
- Mini Maryland Crabcakes by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Sesame Pecan Chicken Wings by Makobi Scribe
- Pina Colada Cheese Ball by Home Cooking Memories
- Roasted Tomatillo Salsaby Clarks Condensed
- Sweetly Spicy Southern Meatballs by Cooking In Stilettos
- Butternut Squash, Pomegranate & Goat Cheese Crostini by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Tex-Mex Chicken Salad Bites by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Caesar Mini Muffins by Food Lust People Love
- Four Cheese Garlic Flat Bread by Try Anything Once Culinary