Sweet and tangy, and made with fresh blueberries, forget the bottled stuff and add a burst of flavor to any salad with this easy and tasty Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing.
Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
Who is ready for apples and pumpkin? Craving pears and butternut squash? So, yeah, I’m totally not. Which really makes me a terrible food blogger. Maybe it’s because you can get yummy apples for a pretty large portion of the year, and unless you are way more ambitious than I am, pumpkin comes from a can. But peaches, corn, blueberries, watermelon, tomatoes? Only good for about the blink of an eye. And honestly I don’t think I’ve had my fill yet.
My food blogger friends, though? They’ve be cooking and baking with those fall flavors for weeks! And they’re all posting those new recipes already! I just can’t. Not yet.
There’s still blueberries to be eaten…
And Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing is a super yummy way to do that. Even if you have some berries that are starting to get a little squishy, since you’re just gonna toss them into a blender with a few ingredients to make a super simple, super yummy salad dressing that is a little sweet, nice and tangy will add a tremendous pop of flavor to your salad. I’ve used both honey and maple syrup in this dressing and it is fabulous either way, so you can totally make this dressing paleo or vegan. And it even makes a great marinade for chicken, like on this salad.
This dressing is so good that I felt it needed it’s own post. Plus, you see that salad in the corner of the picture there? It’s amazing. And yes, still summery, with grilled peaches and whipped feta! Nary an apple or pumpkin in sight. Just like the rest of this week’s #SundaySupper Labor Day Party Menu, which is filled with peaches and watermelon and berries! And since we wanted you all to have plenty of time to peruse the recipes and plan not only your Labor Day feast, but maybe even all of your meals for the “unofficial” last week of summer, we posted all of this week’s Sunday Supper recipes on Friday. So I wanted to take this opportunity on Sunday to direct you all back to Friday for an amazing Sunday Supper 😉
I feel like a blog-powered time machine. Regardless, make sure you check out the recipes at the bottom of this post!
Then go enjoy a few more summer meals!
Are you ready for fall flavors, or still savoring the last tastes of summer?
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ Tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- ½ Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Combine the ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Store in the refrigerator.
Want some summery salads?
- Fruity Summer Shrimp Salad with Strawberry Lime Poppyseed Vinaigrette
- Cherry & Blue Cheese Salad
- Grilled Steak & Mango Salad with Buttermilk Avocado Ranch Dressing
Plus make sure you check out this week’s #SundaySupper Labor Day menu!
Labor Day Beverages:
- German Strawberry Wine Punch (Erdbeerbowle) by Magnolia Days
- Ginger Plum Sangria by Jelly Toast
- Lemon Lime Wine Sparkle by Basic N Delicious
- Watermelon Wine Cooler with Lime by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Labor Day Savory Bites:
- Breakfast Sausages with Apples & Riesling by Webicurean
- Buffalo Ranch Pasta Salad by Foxes Love Lemons
- Clams in White Wine Sauce with Goat Cheese Crostini by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Deconstructed Egg Rolls by Ruffles & Truffles
- Peach Mango Grilled Chicken over Quinoa by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Sausage Mushroom and Bacon Pasta by Family Foodie
- Whipped Feta & Grilled Peach Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Labor Day Desserts:
- Brown Butter Grilled Peach Cupcakes with Riesling Frosting by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mango Riesling Coulis by Run DMT
- Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake by Desserts Required
- Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Brownies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Peach Granita Sundaes by Melanie Makes
- Peach Riesling Buckle by girlichef
- Riesling Infused Peach and Blueberry Cobbler by In The Kitchen With KP
- Riesling Poached Peaches with Mascarpone Cream by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- White Wine Ice Cream by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen