#SundaySupper has a menu with recipes of Super Eats perfect for the Big Game. Or any game. Or really any day, because who doesn’t love game day grub? I’ve got an entire cheesy, hearty, (heck, even portable, if you want to bring it to a party or tailgating) meal all packed into one giant sandwich. These Barbecue Chicken Sloppy Sandwiches will satisfy your entire starting lineup!
Barbecue Chicken Sloppy Sandwiches
Today is the Big Game! And I made super giant sandwich for Super Sunday! My family loves these sloppy sandwiches. Remember past year’s Buffalo Chicken Sloppy Sandwich? And they are so easy to assemble when you are looking to feed a big crowd. Sure, they are messy, but isn’t that the fun of game day foods. I mean, wings, nachos? Clearly not fine dining. I think that if you aren’t licking your fingers by halftime, clearly you are doing something wrong.
So since they are a family favorite, and I had to get some game day grub ready for you, I made these Barbecue Chicken Sloppy Sandwiches when I had mt family over for dinner a few weeks ago.
You see, I didn’t have all of the groceries I needed, so The Hubby had to pick up a few things for me on Saturday morning on his way home from the gym. Yes, I’m, a stay-at-home mom, but I also have a baby who really likes his morning nap and is kind of a mess the rest of the day if he doesn’t get it, and a 3-year-old who is either exhausted or spazzy after school. Plus it’s been, like 20 below (exaggerating – I’m in New Jersey, not Wisconsin). So yes, I do sometimes send my full-time-job-working Hubby to the store. I pay the price for that, though, since he usually comes home with twice the amount of items that are on the list and random crap I don’t buy, and, you know, picks up the loaf of bread with nasty sesame seeds on it because he didn’t read the label and just saw that it said “Italian Bread”. Yuck!
Mom was arrived around lunchtime, and I spent some time catching up with her, not paying attention to the fact that my daylight was fading. So I threw the sandwich together, and while it was in the oven the sun literally disappeared. Then, of course, we were also having grandpa over for dinner. My normal dinnertime is 6:30. When mom is here, we usually adjust a little earlier to 6. When grandpa is coming over, the very latest we can tell him is 5:30. My guys and I are rarely even hungry by then. But if you tell him 5:30, do not, I repeat, DO NOT have dinner ready at 5:32. He doesn’t get mad, but you can see him starting to fidget and get antsy.
Sun disappearing + grandpa ready to eat = horrible lighting + no time for food styling = most unappetizing photos ever!
Let me just tell you, these are more delicious than they look. And The Hubby just bought me some professional lighting. Love him! Now if only there were something we could do about grandpa. Kidding – love him too!
Oh, and gluten free folks – you can always put aside some of the filling and turn it into an awesome grilled cheese on some gluten free bread, like I did with the Buffalo Chicken filling.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
And make sure you check out all of the great recipes at the bottom of this post!
Do you send your spouse to the grocery store? Do they come home with things you would never buy, or with lots of stuff you didn’t need?
Barbecue Chicken Sloppy Sandwiches
Need to feed a crown for the big game? Barbecue Chicken Sloppy Sandwiches are quick, easy, and make awesome game day grub!
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix the barbecue sauce, and chicken.
- Stir in the cheese until it is evenly distributed.
- Slice open the loaf of bread lengthwise, and fill with the chicken mixture.
- Wrap the sandwich tightly in aluminum foil.
- Bake on a cookie sheet in the oven for 30-45 minutes, or until hot and gooey in the center.
- Slice and serve.
Gotta feed a crowd? Try these…
And check out this tasty Game Day menu from the #SundaySupper team:
Game Day Appetizers:
- Honey Mustard Pretzel Crunch from Shockingly Delicious
- Salt and Vinegar Wings from Casa de Crews
- Saucy Wings and Thighs from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Macaroni and Cheese Spring Rolls from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Steak Rolls from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Alpine Sliders from Manu’s Menu
- Hellfire Wings from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Easy Nacho Bar from Momma’s Meals
- Jalapeno Popper Taquitos from Curious Cuisiniere
- Skinny Game Day Guacamole Potato Skins from Daily Dish Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Cups from Alida’s Kitchen
- Spinach-Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers from La Cocina de Leslie
- BBQ Veggie Mini Burgers from Happy Baking Days
- Spicy Roasted Corn Shrimp Dip from Food Lust People Love
- Honey-Sriracha Pigs in a Blanket from Hip Foodie Mom
- Beer Cheese Fondue from Melanie Makes
- Cheesy Artichoke and Garlic Bread from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Whole Wheat Pepperoni Pizza Bites from Meal Planning Magic
- Personal Chili Pots from MealDiva
- Italian Spring Rolls from Noshing with The Nolands
- Mexican Meatballs with Queso Blanco from Cooking on the Ranch
- Parmigiano Crisps from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Buffalo Chicken Potstickers from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Mediterranean Nachos from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Chinese Barbecue Wings from girlichef
- Mini Veggie Quesadillas from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Roasted Tomato Hummus from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Cashew Baba Ghanoush : Roasted Eggplant Dip from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip Potato Skins from Family Foodie
- Lemon Bay Pan Roasted Shrimp from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
- Honey Sesame Seed Crackers from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
Game Day Entrees:
- Super Sloppy Joes from The Foodie Army Wife
- Buffalo Chicken Chili from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mini Meatball and Mozzarella Sandwiches from Cookin’ Mimi
- Super Bowl Bento from Ninja Baking
- Vegetarian “Chorizo” and Black Bean Chili from Foxes Love Lemons
- Twice Baked Chili Cheese Potatoes from Neighborfood
- Barbecue Chicken Sloppy Sandwiches from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Easy Vegetarian Chili from Delaware Girl Eats
- Game Day Chili from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Dr. Pepper Turkey Chili from The Texan New Yorker
Game Day Desserts:
- Heavenly Hash Cookies from The Foodie Patootie
- Cookie Dough Billionaire Bars from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Streusel Bars from Magnolia Days
- Coffee Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Squares from Desserts Required
- Microwave Caramel Popcorn from Pies and Plots
- Mini Coconut Cups from Basic N Delicious
- Triple Chocolate S’mores Brownies from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Cracker Jack Candy from What Smells So Good?