Posted by Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chipshttp://cupcakesandkalechips.com/baked-cauli-tots/
© 2013 Cupcakes & Kale Chips. All rights reserved.
Makes 24 tots
Cheesy, crispy, so amazingly good that they'll easily replace those other tots as your family's favorite side dish.
cups (about half of a head) shredded cauliflower (see Note)
oz. (about 1 cup) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
cup cornmeal (bread crumbs or ground oats also work)
teaspoon kosher salt
a few grinds black pepper
teaspoon ground mustard
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Spray a mini muffin tin with oil or coking spray.
- Place the shredded cauliflower in a kitchen towel and squeeze out the excess moisture.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl, and mix together thoroughly. I like to use a fork.
- Using a spoon or scoop, divide the mixture between the muffin cups and press down firmly into the cups.
- Bake at 400°F for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before running a knife around the edge to pop the tots out of the muffin tin.